Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I just adopted/rescued a 7 year old Basset recently. Her name is Jersey Girl. I thought I was adopting her but drove an hour to see her and realized that she had been neglected and left outside ao I feel like it's more of a 'rescue' situation. She was covered in ticks and fleas and very thin. She was fed Ole Roy dog food and everything else in the house that the children wanted to feed her whenever she was privileged enough to come inside.
Now that she is with us, we are having her spayed and are feeding her grain, corn, and soy free dog food. She is taking vitamin supplements and glucosamine for her joints. And we are giving her acidophilus capsules once a day on her food.
I have always wanted a Basset and I couldn't have asked for a more gentle dog. She is absolutely perfect and I'm in such disbelief that someone wouldn't want this little jewel.
I wanted to join a forum where I could learn more about this breed and hopefully have a Basset family where I could go if I had questions or just wanted to post silly fun pictures of her new life with us.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this family. I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You will find lots of good information and friends here. Look out for that Worm, tho, he really likes the ladies!

She definitely sounds more like a rescue, to me. I, too, don't understand how people can treat dogs the way they do. I don't care what anyone says, they have feelings, too.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Welcome to you both. Glad she now has a loving family and have fun being owned by a Basset!

·
Registered
761 Posts
She's a beautiful girl! Congrats on your new addition and welcome to the forums!!! We look forward to many more tales and pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts