Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband's boss has a friend who has bred basset hounds. Him and his wife actually. They aren't back yard breeders, they actually have a neat think in their house I guess. Well they are all registered, and they have about 20, babbies and parents.
Well, they are getting a divorce, and he told richard's boss he will take them to be put down on Monday if he can't find homes. His wife doesn't want to continue and he won't either. :( SO SAD. they are all registered and he's just GIVING them away!
Does anyone have ANY ideas on what I could do to save these puppies or help them to find good homes??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I know. We don't even know the owners. I know there is a basset rescue somewhere in Mo. I am going to encourage them to take them there if the rescue will take them all! I can't see these put down! But, I don't have room to take them all either! UG!
Brook
Okay, I called the rescue in MO, but they are full, but there is a lady with ozark mountain rescue here in ar. that is working now to get a caravan together for them to go to new homes. sad.gif This is so sad. I have never been this close on the end of dogs almost being put to death. I am so sad right now!
But, the bright side is that there is a rescue going to work with me to get them taken care of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Ozark Mountain Rescue of Arkansas!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Weddington Animal Hospital offered to take them al lin until they can find homes for them. HOW AMAZING IS THAT?
I am so happy!
There is a pug there she's 3 and she's pregnant, ready to give birth and she's OUTSIDE with nothing! We are taking her in. We have 2 other pugs as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.