Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hello Barroo and welcome, (love the name :D ) She has a beautiful coat. Lovely colours. Sorry can't help with the car sickness. Toby did that when I first got him but after a few weeks he was fine. I didn't do anything about it though. I think it was perhaps nerves.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Warm welcome to Baroo and slaves! :lol:

She sure has picked a nice chair!

The carsickness could be better after some years,
but I had a rottie that never enjoyed car rides, even
though she stopped puking.... :huh:

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
284 Posts
hello and welcome!

snoops gets car sick. she used to be sick even after just ten mins in the car.

over the months she got better and could go longer distances.

eventually she just dribbled and it seemed to really tire her out.

she's now about 18/20 months and she done two 45 min journeys without being sick.

i think its just takes time to get some of them less nervous of the car.

try taking her for a five minute drive and reward her with an off the lead walk or something? - just so that she know's when she gets in the car something nice is going to happen!

hope this helps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She didn't get sick at first. We took her camping and the campground was about 45 min away and on the way she got sick. Never before that and we went alllll over and she loved it. Now even when we go to the vet which is only 5 min away she starts burping and smells awful. I am really dissappointed because we would like to take her to the Michigan basset waddle this year but it is like 2-3 hours away and the only way I can think to get her there is dramamine or something and I don't want to drug her. Guess we don't go. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
welcome
I don't know if it will help, Menna was always carsick on any journey until I kept the aircon full blast even in winter and made sure she didn't eat for at least 6 hours before, after 18months I still make sure she doesn't eat before travelling but no longer have to use the aircon.
good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome
I don't know if it will help, Menna was always carsick on any journey until I kept the aircon full blast even in winter and made sure she didn't eat for at least 6 hours before, after 18months I still make sure she doesn't eat before travelling but no longer have to use the aircon.
good luck[/b]
Thanks for the suggestion. We went on a car ride with her to and from the kennel and no sickness or even any yucky burping. YEAH :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Baxter gets car sick also. Now when we take him on a trip, we don't feed him that morning and give him 1/2 a pill the vet gave us for car sickness. He still gets sick, but only once or twice, not all the time as he did before. I wish this didn't happen too as I'd love to take him everywhere with me. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts