Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We.. (that's me Jan, hubby Phil and baby basset "Potter") live in the South West of England and love all things connected to bassets.

Potter is four months old and was born with entropion. He had a "face lift" at 8 weeks which was a bit horrific but it lifted his eyelids and now he can see. Before his op his eyelids turned inwards and his eyelashes were stuck to his corneas. A two inch strip was removed from above his eyes right across from ear to ear. He's now fully recovered and is a typical basset :lol:

Pic of Potter just after his op,

Potter (taken yesterday)

He's going to be a big boy! His feet are massive and he's not quite got full co-ordination yet :rolleyes:
He sort of takes a step forwards, stands on his ear, forward rolls, looks at me as if it's my fault and then bunny hops along to catch up!

Are all bassets born comedians?

Great to see all your pics, keep them coming..

Love Jan & Potter xxxxxx

·
Registered
144 Posts
He's beautiful. He is very lucky to have found you as his people.

Thank you for sharing him.

The coordination thing will come slowly. Enjoy him while he is still a tiny puppy.

Please give him an extra bonio from Ernest.

lala

S

·
0 Posts
aw he's adorable. Snoopy is a little over a year old and is still a bit clumsy. Basset hounds are definitely comedians!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Horaaay Potter, what a good-looking houndie you are!

Jan yes, all bassets are born comedians in one way or another, it's one of many reasons we all love the breed so much.

Also, get used to him looking at you as if anything bad is your fault! Being a basset, nothing could possibly be his fault, so it must be yours! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Potter is just precious! Our three bassets never cease to amaze me. They are unlike any other breed of dog I have ever loved. Looks like Potter is going to be a handful.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What a beautiful guy Potter is. Poor guy seems to have been through quiet an ordeal, but he is one handsome fellow now. Bassets are comedians and will keep you laughing at their antics. Between the long ears and short legs they do tend to stumble around as youngsters, and fall over themselves.

:lol: We got Bogie as a 10 month old and he had never done steps. My husband and I literally had tears from laughing so hard as he learned to negotiate our stairs. The rear couldn't keep up with the front. :lol: My son calls Bogie a clown in a fur suit. :lol: Enjoy your little guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Clarejon - Hi there, nice to see another UK basset, Snoopy looks gorgeous in his xmas hat!

Copsmom - We didn't call him after Harry Potter, but when he's asleep and dreaming we call him "mad-eye moodie" :lol:

I've not spoken to anyone else who's had experience of entropion and would love to hear from anyone who has "been there".

Some lovely pics of your hounds on this site, I can see I'm going to become addicted!

Best wishes to you all for a happy new year,

Jan & Potter xxxxxx

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What a lovely dog. Certianly has gone through a lot; very lucky to have you. Keep the pics coming and welcome!

~Heather

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a lab who had that same issue when he was a pup. He too at 12 weeks had surgery. I don't think that they removed as much tissue as your little guy because I don't remember the look being so extreme but he was a lab and not a basset. He never had any further trouble and he lived to be 15. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts