Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note, as usual. We've been floating around, just being lazy. Weather has been great but the horseflies have been here. Did you know that horseflies can fly 13 miles and live for 3 months? So much for a 24 hour life cycle!! They bite like crazy and hurt like H...L! But as far as Bassets are concerned, Huck seemed to handle the 4th okay but our housesitter spent alot of time in the bedroom with the blinds drawn and the TV turned up loud. Seemed to do the trick. While I'm supposed to be "resting" (and I am), I have found that there is no reason for me to get off the boat. Yesterday we took a dinghy ride and I realized that it was the first time in 7 days that I had gotten off the boat!!! I know that I'm making excuses but when the dogs are here, I'm off the boat several times a day, rowing and walking, etc. I guess the bottom line is that I just miss them and keep feeling like there's something missing. How pathetic I am! I'm in beautiful country, exploring wonderful places, and yet I find I'm still whining. I need to get a life!

Anyway, all is well on the high seas and I just wish you all could see the absolutely beautiful country of British Columbia. I sometimes feel like a walking - talking Chamber of Commerce! :lol:

Take care everyone.....Lynne

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lynne, I enjoy reading about your trip. It is probably as close as I will get to British Columbia for a good while. I know exactly how you feel without your hound with you. When Rosie was still with us I felt guilty when I left her at home (which wasn't many times.) Keep on posting about your trip and have fun.

Sandra

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hey Lynne! :D keep posting, that way we know you haven't drifted off into the wild blue yonder. Enjoy your trip, you'll be back home to Huck before you know it. You know how fast these summers go...

Sandy

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Glad all is well on the high seas. Can't wait to see pictures of your adventures.

Aroooos from Bogie!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sounds like a vacation in paradise! I'd love to float around for a couple of weeks with no cares in the world. But I would miss the houndies....

Have a relaxing vacation! I can't wait to see your pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts