Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently aquired by a Basset Pup. He is named Murdoc (H.M. (Howling Mad) Murdoc from the A-Team), this guy howls like a full grown dog when we leave for work in the mornings.

I will get some pics posted soon.

I have been lurking on this forum even before purchasing him. You guys are the ones that helped me decide that a Basset would be a perfect fit in my home. He has been with us a little over 2 weeks now and we are not sure what we would do without him.

We also have a 13 Year old Black Lab mix, they have adjusted well to each other. We have a 2 1/2 Yr old son and a 5 Year old.. they have adjusted well too. :)

I think the lab may feel younger now that Murdoc is here, she now wants to go on walks and just seems younger. We all went on a Nature Walk this weekend and I had to jog with the dogs.. Maybe it will help me too :eek: . I am definitely not built for jogging.

You guys are great and seem to have some good advice for newbies, I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions in the future. I also love the fact that everyone here seems so interested in hearing stories about everyone else's animals. Like Family so to speak. Seems like Basset Owners are a close knit group. I never realized it until we got Murdoc, and people at work started sending me pics of their bassets and asking for pics of mine.. Kinda crazy actually, but so nice at the same time.

Anyway, enough rambling for the first post, thanks for being here guys. I look forward to sharing and hearing stories from you all.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome! Murdoc sounds like he is in a great place! I have no doubts that you will all feel younger around him.

But beware - bassets are very addictive!

Chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few pics..

Now back to work for me..

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Welcome! Murdock is such a sweetie. :) I think Basset people are among the nicest in the world...

Just a caution- since you have little ones, be sure to keep your house free of little tiny toys. (You probably found that out by now.) Bassets love to eat them. Sometimes it could result in a costly trip to the vet. Speaking from experience here. :rolleyes:

Sandy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. That was one of the first lessons we were taught. Bassets appear to be really good at training their humans.

My kids now pick up toys after they are done playing.. and we now keep the door to the Computer Room closed. Of course Murdoc's favorite spot is sitting behind me on the floor when I am in the Comp Room. He found an old baby blanket and pulled it up behind my chair. He lays there while I play WoW in my spare time.

He is just too funny and has a great personality.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
A warm welcome to Murdoc and dad! :)

He's a very nice looking feller,
and his mighty paws tells he's going to be rather big! :blink:

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
His brother is going to be a little bigger than him I think..

My sister in law fell in love with him and went and bought his brother, so now she is being trained by a basset too. She lives less than a mile from us, and she is the one that lets Murdoc out a couple of times a day, so the pups get to see a lot of each other now.

I think I have somes pics of them playing.. will post them when I can find them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
WELCOME WELCOME......WELCOME TO THE 12 STEPS OF BASSET ADICTION........1 STEP IS TO ADMIT YOU LOVE BASSETS........LOL THE OTHER 11 DON'T COUNT.......ONCE AGAIN WELCOM

CHLOE SAYS HI ALSO

·
Registered
535 Posts
Murdoc is very sweet looking. Everyone is right Bassets are very addicting. We got our first Basset 5 months ago and we were hooked; we just got a second one 2 weeks ago. I have found this board very interesting and helpful, I'm sure you will too. Welcome!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Murdoc is adorable, and you are in for a wonderful adventure as a Basset Hound owner.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Murdock is adorable and welcome!

I so agree with this group being close like a family. As a matter of fact, I'm closer to some of the people on this forum than I am with some members of my own family! And I haven't even met some of these close folks. That'll change tho.

Ruby "moo's" hello. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts