Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh Emily!!

Now Rusty eats like a champ and Stickers is on a hunger strike. Nothing in 2 days for her. I figured out what Rusty was up to!! The brat was holdig out for his afternoon 2 biscuits. The breeder said to give him a couple treats in the afternoon so his belly has something in it so he didn't vomit the yellow stuff. Well, he kept going to the shelf where we "kept" the biscuit jar and staring at me. I removed the jar, washed it and put it away EMPTY! Hopefully, someday I can return it to its rightful location but not yet. Now he is eating good. 4 to 5 cups daily. No idea why she isn't eating?? She was also getting 2 biscuits but didn't have a problem until 2 days ago?? They go Monday back to breeder for her Vet to spay & neuter them on Tuesday. They will recope at her ranch till Saturday. I'm taking their food & bowls. She's been a Basset breeder for a long time and definitely knows this breed. Hopefully by the time we pick them up she will figure this out for us!! Are they playing games with us?? Do they really not like this food??? I know they are not pining for their littermates. They are together constantly. They even sleep in the same crate. We never separate them?? They are loving, playful and otherwise well adjusted??? Wish me continued luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 to 5 cups of food a day???? Each???? Ruby gets waaaay less food than that.

BTW, your home email still isn't working. I'll try to resend the house pics later on.

Nice chatting with ya!

cough, cough from me to you and vice versa

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a whhaaaaaaatttt at that also. Wilson weight 50 lbs and only eats 3 cups per day at the very most.

It might depend on the food, Wilson's old owners fed him 6 cups per day (2 per meal) 3 times a day and he came to me a little heavy & with lamb allergies so I switched him to Preventative Diet from the vet and cut him back and he is healthy as a horse, full of pep and vinegar and down from 65 lbs.

Susan and Wilson

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maggie Mae ate 2 cups of kibble in the morning and 2 cups at dinner. She did for her entire adult life. She always maintained a weight of 53 - 55 pounds, not overweight at all. I guess it depends on the dog and activity level???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't you say she feeds them the same thing you are feeding them? Or was it the Diamond products? Can't remember.

Well at least you'll get to see if they eat somewhere else or someTHING else.

Good luck ...being away from them ...that will be the hard part. It won't be for long, will it?

PS I also sent you an email about the grooming table.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Faye: I responded to your private email address. I will write you again through this board. The breeder was feeding them Diamond Lamb & Rice. That wasn't the one recalled but I still don't want to use it. I tried what I had leftover from Maggie Mae, which was Bil Jac Senior to mix in the Diamond. The didn't eat then either. They are going to her on Monday for surgery Tuesday. We pick them up Saturday. We will miss them terribly but I'm looking forward to a couple day trips to the beach, etc. She promised to feed them only the Hills Science Diet that I am using. I'm even bringing their food bowls!!! We WILL get to the bottom of this!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Toby ate about 5 cups per day Simon about 4 He eats California Natural lamb and rice and likes it Biscuts don't really thrill him i have rto use cheese for training hope they get themselves figured out soon!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts