Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Murraysmom. Lightning was just diagnosed with lupus. I'm going in tomorrow to get the meds and talk to the vet about it all. Like you, I was relieved that it wasn't something worse, but I'm still concerned. So how is Murray doing? Does he stay on his meds all the time? How is he tolerating them? Thanks for any info you can provide about living with lupus.--Allison (and Lightning)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update. It's definitely discoid lupus. Yesterday I got his meds: tetracycline and a special vitamin. Is that what Murray took/takes? I'll have to look for tacrolimus. Never heard of that before. Lightning doesn't spend much time outdoors, but I know he still needs sun protection. I'm glad Murray is doing relatively well. Lightning is 13.5, and otherwise he's in great shape. So what's a little lupus? But again, thanks for telling me about Murrays' experiences with it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got to see this nose flap. Do you have any photos? It might be helpful for the dogs I work with in southern Africa that develop oral cancer at a high rate because of sun exposure. I've been trying to think of some kind of visor those dogs could wear that would keep the sun off their face, but visors are hard to keep on in the African bush!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts