Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
They are very good at that! Lightning LOVES to tear up paper. Especially paper towels. He gets very stressed when I have to take him to the vet, so when we get in the examination room I give him a paper towel or 10 to shred to take his mind off things. It's the only thing I've found that helps. I pick up the pieces before leaving the room.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Lightning, that is creative of your Ma to give you paper towels to shed at the vets!

Melikes to shred paper too. At home, it's pretty Worm-proofed so i don't get to.

But when i got taken to the mall, I got antsy & a bit barky at Macy's. So when we got to the shoe dept, my person let me "help" them "process" all the paper & paper balls from the shoes & shoeboxes. it kept me quiet, and if u asked me, i did a great job "processing." :)

up until that point, my person didn't know that i like to shred paper so much...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Gotta say they're WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY cuter than an ugly paper shredder! Doppler loves to shred paper products too. When we give him a roll from the paper towels, he carries it all over the house for about 5 minutes before he sets down to shred it. We think he's verifying that he can have it but more than likely he's just finding the best possible place to make a mess. But they are cute when they're tearing apart your papers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts