Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is "Danny"
(We are slowly trying to change his name, as i dont want my husband and him to have the same name. Plus our eldest son's middle name is Daniel and we call him lil danny sometimes)...

He got here last night. He is very mild manered. He is fitting it at his own pace. He is quite shy, and has growled a couple of times, which is aparently out of character for him. We have small children and he has met about 8 new faces since last night. I think it might just be too much for him. Well here he is....
:p[attachment=288:100_3723.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
What a great looking hound! I can't wait to see more pics!!!!

Just give him his space and let him come around. My Venus is the most passive girl in the entire world, but the first weekend I had her she was not herself at all.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Absolutely adorable. As far as name changing...I had to do my name change for my dog automatically. He was a stray and we got him from the shelter so we didn't know what his name was. From the moment we saw him we began calling him Gibbs. With a lot of encouragement and praise it didn't take long at all for him to learn that we were talking to him. Anway back to my original intent for the post...cute hound and all the best with him.

~Heather

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cannot post any more photos. It says that i dont have enough room......Any ideas??
:( Is it that i have to delete some that i have already put on her awhile back? I have them shrunk down on my end...........Who knows......I will get my husband to help me a little later.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
He is beautiful!!! Just be cautious and give him time. I'm sure he is very scared and unsure of things right now. We changed Bogie's name when we got him as a ten month old. We just used his new name every time we called him, petted him, fed him, touched him, etc. It didn't take long and he was our "Bogie". Good luck !!

·
Registered
775 Posts
He is incredibly handsome! He has one of the shinest black coats I've seen. Give him time and takes things slow with him. Remember everything is new to him. I got Rusty & Stickers when they were one year old. It took them about 3 days to get use to us and the new surroundings. He is just darling!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
He is gorgeous! I'm sure he's quite nervous being surounded by so much new- It took pound puppy quite awhile to settle in... but his was a whole different story. Give him lots of hugs and ear scratches from me!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Barbie, he is just beautiful!!! I can't wait to bring my hounds over to the dog park to play with him.

He looks so gentle, like my Bo. Moose will probably scare the daylights out of him... :lol:

Sandy

·
Registered
219 Posts
He is a handsome guy! Both are my hounds are basic red and white so I just love the black shiney coats! I know you will have many happy hours with him. I am sure you all need time to get to know each other!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts