Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You may remember that a few weeks ago a dog artist, Hilda Spain Owen, who saw Murrays' image on a friends's website contacted me and asked permission to use his image for a portrait of a basset hound. She was doing a "Hound Show" in Winston Salem N.C. and needed an image of a basset to represent the breed. I gave her permission, and she just sent me this image of the finished portrait- I think she captured his gentle personality perfectly- I really like it-

·
Registered
78 Posts
OMG...its wonderful!!!! i hope you received a version for your own....

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What a beautiful painting. Sure hope you will be able to get a print of it.

Arooooos from Bogie!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Who would ever want to paint anything or anyone else, when there are Bassets to be photographed and painted. I think the Louvre should remove the Mona Lisa, and Florence, Italy should replace Michaelangelo's David.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by MaureenandSlinky
Who would ever want to paint anything or anyone else, when there are Bassets to be photographed and painted.  I think the Louvre should remove the Mona Lisa, and Florence, Italy should replace Michaelangelo's David.
I agree, and this artist may agree too! She e-mailed me again this morning and said that she had just returned from the show,which turned out to be the Mid-Atlantic Hound Association Show in Raleigh,N.C.- she said that this basset painting got more attention at the show than her other paintings of sight hounds, which are her specialty. So maybe she'll be doing more bassets in the future!!! :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
I went to her website, she mostly paints portraits of Whippets, and they are all very good. However, Murray's portrait is the best, hands-down! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts