Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am very happy to say that after much deliberation, prayer and intense discussion with 2 vets, we have brought the beautiful Prince Beauregarde home today. He's two years old ( a guess) and such a gentleman. I posted previously that he's being treated for heartworms. It is going to be a challenge keeping him still. He has been circling the house since arriving. The crate I had seemed huge but, as you can imagine, he's a little long for it. :eek: I'm happy to report that he seems to be potty trained (fingers crossed). He scratches on the door and we're good to go. Poor guy, though. I feel sorry for him. I can tell somebody in his past took him for some great walks. He loves the leash and just wants to go. Instead, we just sit together in the yard for a while. He looks at me like, "Come on Lady!" I'm looking forward to his recovery. For now, hooray. He seems to be a really cool dude. I'd send a picture (he's handsome) but I don't really understand how (pathetic, no?)
Thank you for caring and listening.
Deb

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Lucky Beauregarde! And a huge thank you for rescuing. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yes, thank you for rescuing. I hope you and Beauregarde will spend a long and happy life together!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm going to echo the others by saying "Thank you for rescuing" Both of my dogs are rescues of sorts. You are in for a lifetime of fun and memories with your new addition. Is he your first Basset? They are such an awesome breed.

~Heather

·
Registered
3 Posts
CONGRATS......Beauregarde is a Blessed BOY......Blossom is about the same age. Her daddy says she won the Bassett Lotto and got us for her momma and daddy....as well as we won the Lotto with her!

JOY to your family!

Blossom's Momma :D I have attached a pic of our Awesome Blossom!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hope he gets well soon and good for you! Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Congratulations!! What a great Southern name for a wonderful Basset. Beauregarde is one lucky guy to have found such a wonderful forever home. Keep us posted on how he does with the heart worm treatments. I'm sure he'll be fine and you will be enjoying longs walks with him soon.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Beauregarde is a wonderful Basset name! Best of luck with him from me and Moe (a former pound puppy with luck of his own - after all he won my heart!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts