Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Bailee has separation anxiety really bad. We have tried everything we can think of but she just will not sleep at night for more then 2 hours. Needless say we are getting no sleep around here. Has anyone else had this problem ??? Suggestions on what to do are welcome....

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
For how long has she been with you?
Have you tried letting her sleep in your room - preferably in a crate so she can't get up to mischief while you are sleeping.?

If there's one thing the pack animal a Basset is hates, it's being separated from it's pack, whether canine (feline!) or human.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe try to wear her out before bed. We have 2 that are 4 months old and I walk them every night before bed and they sleep about 12 hours. Limit her naps during the day. Ours don't nap a lot during the day. They are literally like newborn babies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our pup had a problem with that. We ended up just tossing him in bed with us and it's definitely gotten us more sleep, but I felt like I lost the battle with crate training him. I spoke to our vet about it, and she said that as long as he's not getting into trouble and he's still being crated while my husband and I are at work, then he'll be fine and crate train eventually. I feel it's also helped with potty training, he's only peed on us twice (traumatic, but not the end of the world) and will wake us up when he needs to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts