Basset Hounds Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Ahhhh – never a replacement. Life goes on – in baby steps at times but it does move on… I’m so happy for you and your family and… for Phoebe to find such a loving family she was meant to be with. Yes I also believe that Bebe was part of you finding her and was letting you know she was with you.

It’s good that you gave your wife the time she needed to move forward and not rush her – getting Phoebe is the best way you can honor Bebe's memory – no not replace but to honor and pay tribute to all the love you were given through the years.

My hope is that you have many happy healthy years with your new family member who is extremely beautiful by the way.

Jen~

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Phoebe is lovely! That picture of her laying on the carpet looking up is gorgeous. Congratulations, especially for giving an adult rescue a home.
Yes, that is Phoebe's "I see you looking at me, are you sure you don't want to either give me a treat or rub my belly" look. Like I said, she's a total mush. If you are sitting still, she wants to be IN your lap. She just loves attention. It must come from her days of living on the street. We joke that she has more "street-cred" than any of our other dogs because when she was originally rescued, she was found rummaging through garbage cans for food. :eek:

41 - 44 of 44 Posts