Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I’m so sorry to read that Bebe lost her battle. I cry with and for you in your loss. I’ve asked my Flasher to look out for her and help her find her way on the other side.

When I lost my Flasher, someone told me once – remember the good days and not the last day. And I have to say it helped. After a few weeks of losing her I was searching out a poem for a friend that lost hers – and I found the two in the below link that made me feel like Flash came back to talk to me. It’s too soon right now I’m sure, but maybe in a while if you read them, I hope they bring you a little of the comfort they brought to me.

http://www.basset.net/boards/genera...4294-new-journey-begins-girl-named-mabel.html

She was a beautiful girl.

Jen~

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Ahhhh – never a replacement. Life goes on – in baby steps at times but it does move on… I’m so happy for you and your family and… for Phoebe to find such a loving family she was meant to be with. Yes I also believe that Bebe was part of you finding her and was letting you know she was with you.

It’s good that you gave your wife the time she needed to move forward and not rush her – getting Phoebe is the best way you can honor Bebe's memory – no not replace but to honor and pay tribute to all the love you were given through the years.

My hope is that you have many happy healthy years with your new family member who is extremely beautiful by the way.

Jen~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts