Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, This is my first time using this site and I hope someone can help! I have a 2 year old basset called Dude. He is a great dog (arent they all). He is brilliant with the kids, is really chilled out and has all the traits of this great breed. But he has a really bad smell all the time which is only getting worse and it is now at the point where he cant be in the house that much due to the over powering smell. We have tried everything over the last year. Washing, Grooming, Anal Glands expressed, Ears cleaned etc etc. The smell is a real musty, stale smell (like old socks & gone off eggs). The smell is very overpowering for us and visitors nearly get sick when they smell it. My vet and groomer dont know what else it could be. I dont know what else to do at this point. He is such a great dog but is not getting the love and attention he deserves. There must be other bassett owners who have experience to this. Please advise and any help or comments would be greatly appreciated by Dude and the family

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.