Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The doctor gave us strick orders: no jumping, running or stairs for 14 days. She slept all day yesterday after the surgery and all night. This morning she appears to be 100%. She wants to play, play, play. I've had to put her in the crate (against her will) because she won't stop jumping.

M

·
0 Posts
Wow, she sounds like a bundle of energy. I think my Stickers will be the same way. She is recoping part of the time at the breeders. Being in her crate is fine. This way she has to rest. I know that spaying is a longer recovery. Maybe you could baby gate part of the house so her space is limited. I know it's important to follow the Vet's advice. I would give them a call later if you are really concerned. Usually the staff are more than willing to offer advice. Good Luck with Molly!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Lucy was the same way. I even had my son take a 1/2 day off work to stay with her to keep her calm. HA HA HA!! All she did was run around, go up the stairs and jump. He kept trying to get her to sit on his lap but to no avail. She was fine thank goodness but I was a nervous wreck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts