Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after bathing and then drying Roo I found a lump on her chest its a three day weekend and my vets gone does any one have any ideas if its serious?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
after bathing and then drying Roo I found a lump on her chest its a three day weekend and my vets gone does any one have any ideas if its serious?[/b]
Most lumps are not serious, and those that are three days is not going to make a difference on way or another. It is a good idea to get all lumps biopsied to confirm they are non-cancerous because it is not possible to make a conclussion with 100% accuracy without one. It is also a good idea to recheck if a noncancerous lump changes size, shape, color etc. because this could be an indication it has become cancerous.

Even if the worst case is true and the lump is cancerous in most cases surgical removal is all that is necessary for a complete cure.

Causes of Solid-Appearing Lumps & Bumps on the Skin

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had 4 female Bassets and as they get older (6 or so), they have all developed lumps and bumps and warts to varying degrees. Most Basset lumps are lipomas and non-cancerous. Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Lumps on bassets are quite common. I would have it tested, but the odds are it's just a cyst of some type. When mine get them I usually don't have them removed unless they are causing a problem or the dog has to be put under anesthesia for another reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts