Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Does anyone know where i might be able to find a hushbasset or springbasset? My last boy was hushbasset (basset/cocker). Ive been unable to find any here in the united states. I did find a springbasset breeder in england but unable to export to inited states. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Can I PLEASE ask you not to buy into all this messing with established breeds - obviously especially when it comes to my beloved Basset. There's no need to be doing this other than to provide the BYB with income. If the demand stopped, so should the supply. When you put two breeds together the result is unknown. Each puppy in the resulting litter may well be different. Who wants to buy into what is a Lottery.

I'm happy you can't find what you want, with respect. Find yourself a reputable breeder of the Basset (or the other breed if you prefer), via the relevant Breed Club. The mix-breeding that's going on these days is storing up a huge amount of problems for the future. And already groomers are saying how hard it is to deal with the coats of 'oodles!!

The main people in the UK producing these so-called Springbats (which are very cute as puppies) used to breed just Bassets and not that successfully it has to be said. Clearly they've decided there is a market for mix-bred puppies - and all too often people pay more for a mix-bred puppy than for the 'real thing'.

I'll add a link re the breeding that's going on, which I urge you to read.

Hidden suffering of cross-breed dogs bred to be cute | Daily Mail Online

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
It's a mixed breed, which means they're not predictable. That means if you do get another cocker/Basset mix it is unlikely to be like your previous one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts