Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new around here and thought it was time to say hello to all the fellow Basset people I see on this site.
My name is Tricia and my hound is Bertrum, or Bertie for short. My husband, Bertie and I live in a smallish village in the Rhondda Valley in South Wales. Bertie is almost five.
I look forward to reading about all the Bassets here and sharing Bertie's stories with you.

A

·
0 Posts
Welcome! We have Molly our Basset and Cinny our Lab.
This is a great site. Can't wait to see pictures!
Jennifer

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome!! Now we need pics!

It seems that a lot of posters are from the British Isles - must be a great place to live if there are that many bassets there!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, we see very few Bassets over here, at least in this part of Wales. In one way it's good because it means that the puppy farmers haven't started over breeding them, but it does mean that poor Bertie thinks he's the only long bodied, short legged, long eared chap in the world. There certainly seems to be many more Bassets in America than there are here.
It is a good place to live though. At least, we think so

[ February 03, 2006, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Bertrum Basset ]

A

·
0 Posts
Hey Bertie and Family!

Our family consists of Mollie and Maggie our two bassets and Pixie our mutt, oh and Daisy the bunny. But I can't forget my two kids and husband. We live in the city and I don't see too many bassets here, but it is strange we moved onto a street that has another basset on it. But my two bassets can surely play with the long legged dogs too. They are just the ankle bitters on the street!

Welcome!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hello and welcome to Bertie and all :) I always thought there were many Bassets in the UK. Just goes to show how much I know.

Lou

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello! I just spent a wonderful week tourning Wales this last June; you live in a beautiful place. And it's good to know there is a basset holding his own amongst the approximately 10,000 border collies we counted over there ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi & welcome

I'm in the UK also, and Snoopy's an "only basset" - everyone asks me if he's a Sausage Dog. The response is usually "sausage, chicken, cheese, shoes.... anything he can get his mouth on".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by KSC:
Hi & welcome

I'm in the UK also, and Snoopy's an \"only basset\" - everyone asks me if he's a Sausage Dog. The response is usually \"sausage, chicken, cheese, shoes.... anything he can get his mouth on\".
Great response, I've found that more and more bassets are showing up around Woodstock. People are realizing that unlike some other dogs, bassets are cute when they grow up as well as when they are puppies ;)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like a lovely place to live and how special Bertie must feel. I have Lily, the basset. Rosie the bulldog and Molly the golden retreiver/chow, we rescued from the pound.
You'll enjoy it here it is a fun group!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the lovely welcome. If Bertie doesn't have many Basset friends around here at least he can have them on the internet.
I'm not terribly good with computers so I haven't worked out yet how to post photographs, but I will try to get one of Bertie here so you can all see him.
I'm glad you enjoyed touring Wales last year xtineebee. Most tours of Wales usually concentrate on North Wales, but I hope you managed to see something of South Wales too. We have a great deal to offer :)

A

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Cyberhound. This is a pretty supportive group and you'll find out that a lot of people here have a lot of good information if you ever need any!
I'm Beverly and my boon companion is Francis, an almost 7 year old charmer who's currently in recovery from a cheese addiction.
Good to have you here!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Hi Bertie Wooster and slaves, very warm welcome! :D

We went through Wales from north to south a couple of years ago, it was very nice. We spend the night in a small hotel in Newport - very similar to Fawlty Towers...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts