Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I鈥檓 meeting some adorable English springer / Bassit mix babies. Anyone have fun stories of these pups ? I have had a springer and loved every minute. Wish me luck

Registered
If it's not too late, PLEASE cancel this idea. As somebody who has devoted the many years I have, since 1972 when we bought our first, to Bassets, it really hurts me to read of somebody deliberately messing around with the breed, and others, and selling to the gullible public adding a made-up name to what they are producing. Unless by 'adopting' you are getting this puppy from a Shelter.

We have somebody in the UK who got into producing Springbatts years ago. They are very cute as puppies of course, but why not locate a reputable breeder of either breed, and get yourself a carefully reared puppy. I can't understand why anybody would spend time producing a litter which is essentially a mutt - other than to extract money from the unsuspecting new owner.

To add - this article is worth putting on here again - I think I posted this some time ago?

Registered
"THE ADVANTAGES OF PUREBRED DOGS

Responsible breeders breed dogs with desired characteristics, abilities and instincts. The offspring of their breeding programs are predictable in appearance, temperament and instinct. Purebred dogs are true to type when mated. "

with a purebred dog there is reliability in traits and instinct with mix breed that totally goes out ther window.

1. Purebred dogs have predictable temperaments, which can save you a bundle in training fees
2. Purebred dogs come with a guarantee
3. You can predict the health of purebred dogs
4. You become part of the breeder鈥檚 extended family
5. There are drugs that can be deadly to your dog that you would otherwise have no way of knowing
6. I know my dog got great care from the day he was born
7. There is nothing more fun than to watch your purebred dog do what it was bred to do

Could not agree more with number Seven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mq21e0aOHA
English Springer Spaniel Pheasant Hunting HD

"鈥淚 bred the labradoodle for a blind lady whose husband was allergic to dog hair,鈥 Mr. Conron said, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 鈥淲hy people are breeding them today, I haven鈥檛 got a clue,鈥 he added. ' ..."鈥淚 find that the biggest majority are either crazy or have a hereditary problem,鈥 he said. " ...."鈥淧eople ask me, 鈥楢ren鈥檛 you proud of yourself?鈥 I tell them: 鈥楴o! Not in the slightest.鈥 I鈥檝e done so much harm to pure breeding and made many charlatans quite rich,鈥 he said. 鈥淚 wonder, in my retirement, whether we bred a designer dog 鈥 or a disaster!鈥 "

Registered

1 - 4 of 4 Posts