June is two gorge is eleven months old
& a working guide dog called fern
she is a golden retriever she is eight years old
& i also have a retired guide dog
called ramble she is a black Labrador
she is nine years old
& we have one cat called mell &
she is in charge of all the dogs :rolleyes: :D
i have 4 children 3 have now left home & i just have my youngest daughter living at home now
& am married i have been married for 22 years & still love my hubby as if i have still met him :D
i am the only visually impaired cake decorator in the uk :eek:
& i live in the UK in Sheffield
so there you have it that's me
if you want to ask me something
feel free to ask :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
I can't decorate a cake and I see just fine. I'm jealous. RE basset guide dogs...mine would take you to every hot dog stand in the nation. Mexican too ;)

27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't decorate a cake and I see just fine. I'm jealous. RE basset guide dogs...mine would take you to every hot dog stand in the nation. Mexican too ;)

its something i always wanted to do & i always let the fact of not being able to see very well spoil it for me so i never bothered
then one day i nearly got run over by a car because i was in denial
the worst thing was it was my 3 year old daughter who stopped me from
getting run over by pestering me & telling me there was a car coming
she wouldn't cross with me & screamed at me to not cross & at that moment a car went zooming past me with the driver shouting well
you can imagine
& from that moment it changed my life i went & got in touch with the
R N I B told them that i might have an eye problem still not wanting to admit it and they come & helped me they gave me talking weighing scales
because i told them i like to bake cakes i think it was getting the talking weighing scales that did it for me the one thing the women from the
R N I B told me is just because you have trouble seeing it doesn't have to stop you .
the day after i enrolled at college to do cake decorating it took me a little longer than other people to learn but i managed it even my tutor was surprised she told me as soon as she new a visually impaired person was coming in to do cake decorating she dreaded it because she didn't think id be able to do it but i think i even surprised her
& im glad i did because i finished the whole course level 1 , 2 ,3 , 4
it took me 4 years to do it but i did it
& i don't tell anyone on my website because i want to be treated the same as any other cake decorator :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well hello... I myself decorate cakes too! It's my full time job, and I love it! I would love to learn more, but when you work at a Grocery store, you don't have the time or resources to work with fondants and such. Although I do have really bad astigmatism in my right eye, I am able to see with the aid of glasses and contacts.
Do you have any pics of cakes you have done??? Would love too see them!
Your bassets are adorable.. and I love your screen name, I feel that way every day and I only have 1! Someday though, I will get my way with the hubby, and bring another into the mix!
Welcome again, and hope to talk to you soon!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome!!! We are so glad you have found us. Your Bassets are beautiful. You'll have to post pics of the whole fur kid family.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those are AMAZING!!! I love decorating cakes, You get to be creative while playing with cake and icing, SWEET! BTW, LOVE LOVE, LOVE the "boob" one!
My boss at work, keeps requesting that I make him a pug dog cake.... I do make a puppy cake to sell out of my case, and it looks like a Westie/ Lhasa Apso, I keep trying to brainstorm and perfect my Basset cake.
I'll have to try and post some things that I have made.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would love to take a trip there! Seems like beautiful country....maybe when I'm rich and famous :)

27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ha ha ha
it is a beautiful place
my son & daughter live there
we are wanting to move in a year or so's
time it would be nice to go there :D :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts