Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I haven`t been here for a very long time.And there has been some changes in my Basset Gang since I was here last. So I`d better introduce myself and thw gang again.

My name is Tina. I live on a small farm in Western Norway, with 5 Basset Hounds, a cat who knows he is a Basset, a regular cat ,3 horses,some giant rabbits, chickens and a sheep.
Since I was here last, my beloved Clara passed away last year and Billy just before x-mas. But 3 more Bassets have been rehomed to me.

From my "old" gang
Ben, who is now 10 years old

Ludvig, 8 years

Laban, a true Basset Hound in a cat suit, 8 years old

Todd, almost 2 years, arrived in July las year, with my cat,Cryton

Agathon ( Mr A) ,7 years old, arrived in Janyary

Funky, 6 years old. She arrived in February

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What a great gang you have!

~Heather

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
How strange! I was just thinking about your bassets yesterday because I met a real live (that is, not bred to death) Great Dane. omg, I thought he was a Mastiff at first, but nope - a Great Dane - a huge, beautiful, massive, healthy, uncropped ears Dane. Just beautiful, but HUGE.

I was talking to the Dane's person (who was also the breeder) about how bassets (and apparently Great Danes! :lol: ) are "normally" such big, hearty folk but, thanks to their popularity, they're becoming increasingly kind of scrawny, fine boned critters.

I was searching for examples, and your bassets came to mind. I tried to describe them, but failed miserably. Maybe now, I can just send a link to these pics of your big, healthy and hearty fellows. :)

I'm sorry about Clara and Billy, but glad others have found their way home!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great looking hounds! They all look so big![/b]
Thank you :)
They are big. ranging from 65 to 76 pounds. They have very big bones, huge paws, as most Bassets in Scandinavia have. And it leads to good health. We VERY rarely see problems with our Basset`s legs and backs.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It's always a pleasure to see your gorgeous gang but I'm sorry to hear about Clara. Don't you just love the wonderful temperament of older bassets? They're always so dignified but in a goofy way. Nice to hear from you.
Francis is the same "King of the Entire Universe" who rules his kingdom with a firm hand, he's healthy and happy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Francis is the same "King of the Entire Universe" who rules his kingdom with a firm hand, he's healthy and happy.[/b]
That is good to hear! I bet he still is the same, Handsome Francis too!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome Back!!!!! So great to have the Norwegian Gang back with us. I haven't been here much either since moving to Memphis, TN from South Dakota in August. About to get things back to normal and the house livible without boxes and packing paper. Your pictures were awesome of the fur kids. So sorry about Clara and Billy, but I know the new additions are keeping things lively.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Barbera!
Funky suits her name, no question about that :p

Maby I should write a post on Funky`s story. She`s come a long way since she arrived in February.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thank you Barbera!
Funky suits her name, no question about that :p

Maby I should write a post on Funky`s story. She`s come a long way since she arrived in February.[/b]
Yes please do....don't leave us in suspense!

PS One of the vets in the hospital I go to keeps a list of unusual pet names that she really likes. I'm sure she will want to add "Funky" to The List . By the way she rescued a basset when she was in vet school at Cornell and has had one ever since amongst other critters.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Great to see you and your gang! The photos of the new dogs on your other threads are lovely! Lucky dogs, all, to be living with you! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts