Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, this's my first post. I have a 6 month old tri-colored girl named Fred (kinda our own spin off of a boy named Sue). Actually my husband loves Smokey and The Bandit and said if we ever got a basset we'd have to name it Fred. Well we just so happened to pick a girl basset and on the way home my husband said "we're still naming her Fred." We tried out Flash and Frita but came back to Fred and it just stuck.

We also have a 6 month kitten that came home 3 days after Fred. And we have two humans who are 4 and 6.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have an 8 month old tri-colored boy named Boomer.

You'll find lots of good information and pictures here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Boomer is my first basset, and I've learned a LOT here.

Oh yeah, and be sure to post pictures! :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You will absolutely find the answers to any questions you may have. The two dogs I've got have been my first basset hounds and the people on this forum have been EXTREMELY helpful.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Welcome from Annie and I! She is 6 yrs old and also tri-colored...I am not. LOL

She is my first Basset and co-exists happily with a 10yr old Jack Russell called Zoey and a 9yr old indoor kitty called Bubba Sparxx.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the warm welcomes. We really love our girl Fred despite her...stubborness (in housebreaking and not chasing the cat, or jumping on people). She makes friends everywhere we go! Her new favorite place is the indoor dog park, while she's not a fan of all the rough play with other dogs she will play fetch with everyone and anyone!

pictures are on the way but she is so hard to take a picture of, it ends up being a black,brown and white blur. I am enjoying reading other posts and getting info. Thank you for the warm welcomes!

We're actually contemplating getting a second basset when we are in a house again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts