Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone.
Allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Esther. I am new to this board and wanted to stop in and say hello.

I am finishing up my first week with my new mommy and daddy. I am 1-1/2 years old. I came from louisiana. My new mommy and daddy lost their other two bassets this year already. They were so, so sad. I don't like when basset people are sad, so I came to their rescue. They say I patched a basset-sized hole in their hearts. I don't know what that means but they rub on me all the time and feed me and give me water so they're ok by me!

I've never really been indoors until now. But I've only had one... ONE.. accident inside. But it was storming bad last night and I was a'scared.

I never saw a tv before and I like those. Especially when Andy Griffith comes on.

I used to live with a lot of other bassets. I still think I see them--there's one living on the other side of the glass in front of the fireplace that I like to woof at once in a while. It's weird not having other dogs around, but I think I could get used to this whole only child thing. I get ALL the food, ALL the attention, and ALL the LOVIN! I never was on a couch before. Those things ROCK!

I "became a woman" a couple days before mommy and daddy came to pick me up, but that didn't bother them any. They just put down a towel, didn't make a big fuss, and loved on me anyway. I don't mean to be messy. It's just got my hormones all atwitter. I don't know what that means either, but mommy said SHE understood.

I'll check back in with you guys later. I gotta go get some z's in my new crate (which I love BTW... never had one'a them either but it's MY space and I don't hafta share it!!! YAY!!!). I'll fill y'all in later about how I'm likin' the new parents. But if things continue this way, I think I mighta' hit the buppy jackpot! WOOHOO!
~E

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so I went to User CP and uploaded my cute little mug for the profile picture cuz I know (f)urrybody wants to see how cute i am. I went back and looked later and it was still there. But it's not showing up on my thread. Am I doing it wrong?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hi Esther, welcome to the basset family here!

Drool and love from Boomer and his momma.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hi Esther! And welcoming 'Arooos!' from Doppler and Virga!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they brag on me too much.
so I showed them.
I pooped in my grandma's house saturday
and then peed in my house last night
Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts