Basset Hounds Forum banner

Hello everyone

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Baxter Basset 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I am new to the forum. I do not have a Basset hound yet, but we are planning to adopt a little girl in the winter. I have really enjoyed reading all of the different posts and seeing all of the pictures. I want to learn as much as I can about Bassets before we get our puppy and I have learned a lot on this forum. I want to be ready when we find our special puppy and bring her home.

I am the proud mommy of a six year old German Shorthaired Pointer named James. We adore him, and have since he crawled in my lap at 6 weeks old. He is my middle child, falling right in between my 2 other sons. (The two legged variety) He is hopelessly spoiled but very sweet. He is a true Mummy's boy. I quite simply am crazy in love with him. I know he will be jealous of his new baby sister so I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions when we bring her home.

I hope you don't mind if I continue to lurk on the forum until we get our puppy. I am sure I will post more as we get closer to finding our girl. I just love all of the stories and pictures. I can't wait until we have a Basset of our own.

Here is a picture of James. I think he is very handsome boy! :)

[attachment=327:pIC_0006.JPG]

Thanks very much,

Debra

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome! I have Baxter, an 8 month old Basset. But I also have two Lab mixes, who are Baxter's best buddies.
You are very wise to learn all you can about Basset Hounds because sometimes people get them because they're such adorable puppies and then when they grow up they don't want to deal with their drool, ears that need cleaning all the time, howling (some), and, well - they're just not the neatest doggies!! We that love them put up with it all though and even find a lot of humor in it!! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.