Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm new here and wanted to say hello! :)

I live in the UK and have had Bassets all my life, always two or three together because of them being pack dogs and loving the company of other hounds. Over the years -- many of them ;) -- we have had four Bassets from puppies and the rest have been older dogs we have rehomed including several ex breeding bitches and all have been adorable and all slightly different and all great fun and fantastic company.

Here are our latest pair of litter sisters who will be two years old in late April and are just inseparable and good fun!

Here they are, aged 10 weeks, a couple of chunky girls, the week after we got them

Here they are at 8 months having fun in the garden playing with an orange.

Here they are a few days ago looking for a few bits of food in the bag of IAMS!

Lottie loves to sit up like a meercat at every opportunity, especially for treats!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome! Great videos. How in world does Lottie get up like that??

~Heather

·
Registered
932 Posts
Beautiful girls! Our Sally is a "sitter upper" too, but I don't have video nearly as good as yours. Adorable.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bogie started sitting up on his butt so much that we've trained him to do it on command, and wave his arms around on command while he is up there! But I think he would just let the treats hit him in the face if I threw them at him.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome from the other Bogie on the forum, Bogie Carter. Cyberhound is an awesome place of great Bassets and their owners. You'll learn so much about the breed and have fun too!! Loved the videos, and Lottie's picture sitting up is so cute.:)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Your girls are gorgeous! The video of Lottie sitting up was so funny--I don't know how Bassets get into that position, but she looked like she could sit up all day (well, as long as the treats kept coming). Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Your girls are beautiful! I loved all the videos, especially liked the video with the dog food bag! I had a hound years ago who found a potato chip bag and was running around with it on his head. Just too funny!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts