Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Many of you will remember Helen Barrowcliffe, the founder of Basset Hound Rescue Quebec, who passed away suddenly earlier this year. Two weeks ago, my family adopted Hoover and Micky, Helen's own dogs. Unfortunately, Helen's husband was struggling to take care of them on his own and came to the difficult decision to let them go.

The good news, for them and us, is that they are now living in a house with a large yard and family that loves them. My two kids, ages 7 and 10, just adore them and the feeling seems to be mutual. I can promise you that they will be well taken care of for the rest of their lives.

Alison

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
If you have not done so I would suggest posting on the Daily Drool Board as Helen was much more active over there. I am sure there are lots of friends over there that have an interest in Hoover and Mickey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I'll do that. I just wanted Helen's friends in the Basset community to know that Hoover and Micky are doing well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Alison - you are true hero to Helen and her husband, but most of all, to her precious babies.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm glad they found a good home. I took in Meo as a foster after Helen passed away until BHRO was able to adopt him out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts