Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

thanks for the compliments folks. I've always wanted a basset. My grandpa raised bassets and I loved going to his house to play with them. Since he passed away i've missed him and his great hounds. Have y'all noticed that even if you don't know the names of people that live close by, they all seem to already know my dogs name? its like, "hey Buford!!" and I have no clue who these people are. Its like he's a rock star or something. Someone explain. :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
I can relate. Everyone knows Sally & Daisy. Mike & I are still "hey you"!
Your puppy is beautiful. More pics please!

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's just the way it is. Everybody who comes over to our house greets George, by name, before they even notice us, and lots of people in the neighborhood know his name that don't know who we are except that we always seem to be attached to the other end of his leash. :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
My husband used to greet Rosie and love and hug and love and hug and love and hug, then, he would throw in a "Hey, Sandra," and would then go back to the love and hugging! It was like I was an afterthought. He told me if I would wag my tail, lick his face and jump on him he would love and hug me, too. I always let Rosie get loved 'cause I'm not wagging my tail at him.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I had a rottie before Emma, and she was really a sweet and kind dog.
But people used to cross the street when we came walking, and nobody
would stop and pet her. :(
After one year with Emma we knew more people than in 10 years with a rottie....... :lol:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can totally relate to what you are saying. Whenever we're on the boat, almost every stop they remember two things: The boat AND Huckleberry. We've had numerous people come up and say, "Where's Huck?" Alas, I've had to tell them that he stayed home this year. He has quite a following up and down the coast from Washington to Alaska! Of course, they can't remember OUR name but they sure remember him!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by buford's dad
Here's my noble beast, Buford! 20 weeks old
This is so funny. I have a pic from when Tootie was a pup that looks almost exactly the same. Look:

LOL- too cute!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Buford is a cutie!!!

I know exactly what you mean about people knowing your doggie's name, yet not knowing you from a hole in the ground. Same thing happens to us all the time. At our last Canadian elections, when my hubby and I went to vote at the polling station in the school up the street, the guy who was handing out the ballots said to me "hey, where's Scully.....doesn't she get to vote?!". To this day, I am embarassed to say I have no bloody clue who this guy was! Never seen him before, but somehow, he's seen me with Scully and knows her name.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts