Basset Hounds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this board. Enjoyed it a few weeks ago, while we were awaiting the arival of our now 12 week old pup. She's a beautiful tricolor...loveable and social.

WE took her for her checkup after getting her home. The vet found a severe heart murmer that he said would kill her fairly soon. We took her for a second opinion. The same thing was said. The worse they've heard in a long time. Without surgery she would die fairly soon. If we take her to Colorado (we are in New Mexico), the vet there at the University can do surgery. He called us today and said that he has had excellent success...100% success of living atleast 6 years. WE are so sad about this!

It will cost us $2500.00 just for the surgery. Do you know of any foundations that will help with major medical for puppies in these rare cases? I would greatly appreciate any ideas for coming up with the money soon! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Try IMOM. The biggest drawback with IMOM is that the vet has to agree to being paid by the group, they don't release funds to owners.

Judy

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Have you told the breeder about this? I hope you're at least getting a refund. I'm surprised that their vet didn't pick this up when the pup when for her first shots.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

[ July 08, 2005, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Soundtrack ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.