Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with heart disease in their bassets? Duke apparently has all of the symptoms. :( he's 7.
I spent all night at the hosp. with my 86 yr old father (3rd heart attack). When i got home, Duke, who has been sort of coughing for awhile now, was wheezing terribly. So off to the vet. :( again. we were there two weeks ago.
She suspects heart trouble, but hasn't ruled out an inflammation. So we are treating him for that first. to go back next week for 2nd xray.
First my dad, then Duke. If this keeps up I may be next!

Sandy

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: It may be too soon to be optomistic, but Duke has only had three doses of his anibiotic for inflammation, and his breathing has improved greatly already. He hasn't gagged or wheezed once today. So maybe it isn't heart disease, just an inflammation of his esopagus. I think I have an awesome vet, she wanted to rule out everyhting else, before putting him on a diuretic.
My dad, on the other hand, is another story. Nicest man ever, until you put him in the hospital, then he turns into a monster. He won't cooperate, and wants to check himself out today..
My husband is going thru similar stuff with his mom. I think we are getting paid back from when we were teenagers. :D

Sandy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.