Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to Tony LaRoussa's (STL Cardinals manager) charity event for stray dogs and Tony Orlando was one of the performers.

He came out talking about his love of dogs and has five of them when one day on his front lawn sat a Basset Hound puppy. He named him "Billy Bob" right away but after he and his wife talked about it decided they couldn't have six dogs so found a guy in Chicago who takes in Basset rescues. Tony Orlando lives in Branson, MO and this guy flew down from Chicago in his own private jet to pick up Billy Bob.

He then said that he found out that there was a Basset waddle with 4,000 Bassets in the Chicago area and Billy Bob got to lead the whole parade and he was so proud of him.

It was a great show for a great organization and also Gretchen Wilson performed who mentioned she has a six month old Black Lab with her but didn't bring him on stage.

Just thought I would share the story of Billy Bob!

Kathy

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HEY, I met Billy Bob at the GABR waddle! He was a great representation of a basset too as he was a very sweet boy and was adopted to his forever home that weekend! The waddle is the Annual GABR waddle in Dwight Illinois (where I just picked up Beau) and there were more like 1200 bassets there... but it did sound like 4000. There was a short audio of Tony Orlando talking about Billy Bob at the Basset Bash (held the day before the waddle 600 bassets running loose in an enclosed area....it was great)and it was very sweet. If anyone is ever up for a great time and an ALL basset weekend you should visit the Gardian Angel Basset rescue site and sign up!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is so wonderful you met Billy Bob!!!

When Tony Orlando said there were 4,000 Bassets at the waddle my husband and I couldn't imagine so thanks for straightening that out. I am sure it did sound like 4,000, however.

We would love to go to a waddle and will have to check to see how far Dwight is from STL.

Thanks so much for sharing the story and so happy Billy Bob got a home!

Kathy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts