Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hmm... doesn't sound like a very good situation and I'm sorry. Our girl who died from cancer went down very fast. You can have them do an ultrasound of her belly to see if they can find any masses. That will give you a bit more piece of mind. I would feed her whatever she wants as if she is not eating she won't have the strength to get through it till you can find a diagnosis. I'd also have them check for atypical addison's as that affects the albumin level as well. It's an off shot but my inlaws basset had it and a friends was just recently diagnosed with it as well. Just a hunch that if it's not cancer it may be that. Or perhaps she's got some sort of really severe infection going. I wouldn't be just throwing different antibiotics at it though as that will really upset her stomach and that on top of a dog without much of an appetite to begin with can spell disaster. Good luck, we'll be pulling for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.