Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wub:
Blood Hounds are extremely rare in Portugal. To say the truth it is the first one I ever met (and I'm not that young). I've found CPC (portuguese "AKC") have only two registed (siblings) in this show (and they are from American origins).

I couldn't resist to talk with this friendly guy!

Got beer? They just left me a bowl of water

A general view (Bassets judgenment was running in the central ring)

A very unique colour combination

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
My husband *really* wants a bloodhound. <_< I'm *not* cleaning drool off the ceiling. :angry:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Great pictures. I too wanted a Bloodhound, but was vetoed by my now husband, but I'm more than happy with my two Bassets. That Basset pictured does have intresting marks on it.

~Heather

·
Registered
775 Posts
I love Bloodhounds. Once we were at a dogshow and I asked the breeder of the winning bloodhound all about the breed. The thing that killed that idea was when he told my Husband when they run in the backyard, they hoof it. That will do a job on your grass. Kind of tears it up. That was the end of that!

·
Registered
714 Posts
When I took Dudley to obedience training there was a Bloodhound in our class. Beautiful hound, but way too big for my taste.

The drool from that dog was unbelievable, giant gobs of it at all times, and when he shook his head the slobber flew up to 15 feet! :blink:

I will continue to admire Bloodhounds from afar... :p

·
Registered
225 Posts
The dog on the last picture is actually a mix of basset hound and Dutch belted

Corvuss: the drool thing sounds familiar even though I own no blood hound ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts