Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose it's disrespectful of me to be so surprised, but yesterday I said to George, who was bothering his daddy, who was trying to take a nap, "Go lay down on your bed," and mind you, I used a very conversational tone (not a commanding one) and I have NEVER said that to him before when I meant his pillow (dog bed) because the COUCH is his BED. And do you know, he wagged his tail and immediately went to the pillow and laid down???? I was astonished. That's twice in one week that he has immediately obeyed a request. A few days ago, he was outside and I said, "come on, George, it's time to come in," and he turned and RAN all the way to the back door and came in. The first time I asked!!! Obviously the real George is on the mothership and this is a pod George.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought HE was. He always was before! Unfortunately, this sudden desire to be a good George doesn't extend to walks. When I try to turn toward home, HE immediately becomes The Immovable Object. As long as we're going AWAY from home, he's all wagging tail and dangling tongue and happy as a lark.

A

·
0 Posts
Who ever has the "real" George tell them I got another good test case for them named Maggie. I'd love to have a dog that actually heard what I said for a change.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Then you need a Dachshund! Tally may be a yippy little rat but she is VERY obedient! It's quite refreshing after a long day of Moe ignoring everything I say, with the exception of sentences containing the words "ride", "walk", "cookie", or "treat". :D

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts