Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two year old Basset Clyde is a great dawg. However the last two days he has pooped in the house twice. He has never done this before. My wife are expecting our first child in 3 weeks. Could this be the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It is possible he is feeling some anxiety if his routines are changing. They can pick up on our emotions and he may be responding to that. Also another possibility- Does he appear ill at all- have other symptoms? He might have an upset stomach as well.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
Could be, but then again maybe not. It is not likely you will ever know for sure and quite frankly it doesn't really mattter much because the solution is always the same. Retrain the dog. begin adopting the attitude that the dog is not housetrain and start over. Doesn't take nearly as much time the second, third or fourth time around. It is not uncommon for changes in the household to effect a dog in this way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for all of yalls help! He has not done in the last two days, I think he is going to be just fine.

Fred and Clyde "The Mega Basset"

A

·
0 Posts
Francis reacts to any and all changes in routine by having "accidents" in the house for a time or two. We always go back to square one and it only happens once. Good luck with the new baby. Keep us posted on the happy event.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts