Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly has a favorite toy, her red squeaky ladybug. Last night she whined and whined by her toybox. My husband and I looked puzzled and tried to get her to play with some of her other toys, but she had decided that she only wanted the ladybug. After coming to this conclusion we started looking for it, and could not find it anywhere! Our house is very neat, so there just isn't very many places to look, but after over an hour, we still hadn't found the darn thing.

Molly kept going over to the stairs (which have a baby gate on them to prevent her from going upstairs, she's not allowed up there b/c she gets into the garbages and its a mess). Anyway- she kept whinning, and we knew it wasn't up there, b/c she can't jump the gate.

We lost interested in looking, and Molly fell asleep. So this morning I was suprised to hear a squeak when I stepped into the SHOWER. Lo and Behold there was the ladybug. I'm not sure when she was upstairs IN THE TUB, but we found it!

After my shower, I put the toy back in the shower, went down to get her, and brought her upstairs to see if she would smell/find it and she did! She hopped in the tub and ran straight to her crate with it. Hehehe.

Moral of the story: Listen to your puppies!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oliver has been known to jump a baby gate on occasion with proper motivation ie: he could. They are sneaky.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bassets are far from stupid. Buckley, our male now only goes to the end of the culdesac so he gets a car ride home, He started that after the story that follows.

In the middle of a winter a couple of years ago he got out, and we searched our entire neighborhood. I kept going to our back yard to see where he may have gotten out of the gate, and ignored Sunny, our female, who kept barking and trying to get me to follow her. We could not find Buckley.

Miss Molly's moral is so true, Every time since we always ask Sunny where Buckley is first thing.

Finally I listened to Sunny (about an hour and a half after we discovered Buckley missing). She took me straight to the back of our yard, and kept barking at an above ground pool in our neighbor's back yard. I heard barking, Buckley's barking. He had managed to get himself into the pool, which was around five feet high. Fortunatly the gentleman who owned the pool had drained it for the winter, and there was only about 3 inches of water in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts