Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've traded her in for an aquarium with fishes!
Look here:

I can't understand why I haven't done this before:

They don't beg at the table.
They don't shed.
They don't get smelly.
They don't get filthy.
They don't bark or whine.
Don't poop and pee on the floor.
Don't beg for walks.
If they die, you can just flush them down.

I really can recommend this swap, if you can find anyone who wants...

I'm thinking of trading Doris for a camel,
does any knows anything about them?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice fish tank. Did Emma know of this trade? :angry: BTW camels spit and have a mean disposition. Stick with Emma and Doris!

·
Registered
104 Posts
with all due respect to the fish (and it's a great looking tank by the way), i prefer Emma and Doris. Emma reminds me of a Panda Bear. :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
:eek: Oh, no!! :eek: I am afraid the fish don't have that photogentic appeal of Emma and Doris. Great looking fish tank, by the way. Glad you are back posting, I think we all needed a a Steinar fix. Now be sure to give Emma and Doris equal time or they may be jealous of the fish.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ruby and I'll take Emma in a heartbeat! But you'll have to fly over to San Diego with Emma (dress her up as a baby with a baby-bonnet) :lol: and she'll be able to get a seat next to you.

We used to have a 80 gallon fish tank with red tail shark, bala sharks, giant angel fish, pocastomus (sp?), neon fish. The red tail was my favorite! What kind of fish do you have?

Speaking of fish, we had salmon for lunch today!

Janice and little Ruby

·
Registered
775 Posts
Steinar :huh: :huh: I'm pleading that you get Emma back immediately!!!!! Nice fish tank, but not even close to sweet Emma!!! I must admit, I never got the appeal of having fish for a pet. The don't have soft fur and you can't pet them :blink: :blink: Glad to have you back with us!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Steinar :huh: :huh: I'm pleading that you get Emma back immediately!!!!! Nice fish tank, but not even close to sweet Emma!!! I must admit, I never got the appeal of having fish for a pet. The don't have soft fur and you can't pet them :blink: :blink: Glad to have you back with us!![/b]
Um, yes, pretty fish tank. Fish tanks have always reminded me more of wallpaper than pets, but it's nice to have pretty wallpaper....Em-ma, where you you?? Doris?? Help!!! :

·
Registered
932 Posts
Steinar, RUN, do not walk away from the camel idea. They are not at all cuddly, and will spit at you with little or no provocation. I speak from experience :blink: I have fish too, but their main purpose in life is to entertain my dogs and cats. They are NOT a substitute for sweet Emma! Please get her back!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Fish are somewhat Basset-like in that they will eat anything ;) . Ours ate his companion one day. There were two of them coexisting quite happily together, or so we thought. Then, one day, there was only one, and he looked suspiciously content. Someday HE may have cause for worry... I hear red-belly pirahna are quite delicious! ;)

Personally, I think you've been had. :eek: Whoever ended up with Emma got the better part of that particular trade. Fish tanks are a pain in the butt to care for. They need constant monitoring for ph and what-not, occasional cleaning, and still your fish will end up sick from some bizarre disease that eats away at thier fins. Then, no matter what you do, you'll find your most expensive fish floating belly-up, while the cheap little bottom feeding catfish will live long beyond the point you want them to. (We kept the pernicious catfish that killed all our other fish in an old not-quite-clean peanut butter jar and still he would not die!)

Emma, however, is priceless for all that she is and/or does: a loving companion to you and Doris, a garbage disposal, a lap-warmer on those cold winter nights which are unfit for man and beast, tour guide and trail-blazer over mountain trails in all seasons, and most-importantly, half of a comedy team (Doris being the other half) that rivals Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis! :lol: I can't imagine what sort of comic dialog you'll get with a fishtank and a camel... :blink: :blink: :blink:

·
Registered
932 Posts
BTW, EccentricGirl, great looking cichlid tank............. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Steinar, nice tank! But I have to agree, trading for Emma is really out of the question!

Fish tanks, my main hobby!*

90 gallon tank, 100% live plants, many more fish than you can see. They don't like the flash and were hiding.

*My hounds are not a hobby, they are part of the Family!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts