Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the girls on our walk yesterday, came upon a 4 month old yellow lab sitting in an alley. She then ran to hide under a parked car. I called to her and she came running over to see the girls. Called my husband on the cell phone to come and get her with the car. Luckily she had a collar on. She was at our house for about an hour before the owners called. Her name was Tess. We had the joy of helping her get home and got to remember how much fun puppies are! Our son was already saying this morning that he missed Tess!
We kept our girls upstairs while the puppy was there--we did not think there would be problems but did not want to risk it at all so played it safe. They of course felt left out of all the fun!
Just had to share!
Jennifer

·
Registered
70 Posts
That counts as warm and fuzzy I believe :D . Doesn't it feel great to get them back to their home?

We actually were able to help get a basset back to her home. We were driving home and in our neighborhood when we spotted one of our good neighbors, who we knew didn't own a basset, walking one down the street. We stopped and asked, and he said he was actually bringing the hound to us because he knew we did basset rescue and thought we would know what to do. Long story short It took a couple days, but we found the owner. After getting a couple calls about a black boxer, something I had never seen before and can't imagine.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My favorite rescued story relates to a golden retriever. Years ago we had the most beautiful goldens... Driving home from work I saw my Jasmine in the midst of a busy interection running among the cars. My heart stopped- I (stupidly) slammed on my brakes, opened the door and yelled her name. She leapt into the car and sat in the passenger seat... and casually looks over at me- it was not my Jasmine!! I left messages at the shelter and the vet named on the tag- Within a couple of hours this sweet girl was home... but her owner was as astounded as I at how much our girls looked like- He kept checking to be sure he had the right dog :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
must have been a day for dogs getting out our neighbors dog got out and we spent an hour to an hour and a half searching the neighborhood for it. Then we gave up we had done all that we could have done. but a litle while after we got home they called and they had found her a neighbor had seen the dog and put her in the back yard called then decided later to take her for a walk around the neighborhood to see if she could figuare out if she belonged to someone and the husband happened to be walking looking for the dog so happy ending there too.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
So nice to hear happy-ending stories. :D Sure beats the heart-wrenching other kind.

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts