Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
I use the Easy Walk on my golden retriever and my bulldog. It is a work of wonder on my golden she is a totally different dog with it on, no pulling or jumping and I don't worry about her pulling against her neck so hard. I was seriously worried she would herself. The bulldog is a different matter. she is still getting used to it. But she trots along with it. I use it on her because a regular collar slips very easily off of her as her neck and head are close to the same size. I have not used it on my houndie, as lily just uses the traditional buckle collar.
I think the sens ible harness that Mike is speaking up is very similar at least in the pictures I have seen, looks like it works much the same.
I think anything that relieves pressure from the throat if there is a pulling problem but still give you control is going to be what you want, you just have to decide which one works best for you.
Hope this is helpful.
Personally I like the easy walk, but it is alos the only harness I have ever used.

·
Registered
987 Posts
the gentle leader easy walk, is a harness it doesn't go on their face but around their chest and shoulders. I can see where it might rub though on a basset.
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts