Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use a little quick advice. The lady who cleans my house found Maggie drinking a solution of Mr. Clean and water this morning. We're not sure how much she ingested. I called the vet immediately and they acted like they didn't know what to do (odd, because we really like this group). They basically said she 'should be fine.'

I then called the poison control hotline (for people) and they suggested that we give Maggie more water to dilute the poison :confused: and not to have her throw it back up.

It's been about 45 minutes now and Maggie acts fine but I'm worried. Any thoughts out there? How long would it take for her to start showing symptoms?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,687 Posts
I wish I could help you, not sure what to do either, but maybe call another vet for a second opinion, just for reassurance.

Hope the fact that it was diluted in water, amkes it not as serious...let us know how you make out.

Sandy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
I have a lot of confidence in (human) poison control centers....as an old ICU nurse I've gotten excellent advice on more occasions than I can count. I would be prepared for lower gi symptoms
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top