Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all it's been some time since i have posted here just wanted to wish you all a happy and safe holiday season. i on a personal level i have been busy.2009 i was hitting the beagle trials hard and my dog Luci finished #1 in the country and was high point hound of the year for the AHRA/NKC my male Blaze finished 5th. so having two dogs in the top 5 was pretty good i guess. 2010 saw me taking it easy on the trials this year just staying local and very busy with work. i did have time to take Luci to the hunt test at Carlisle,Pa. and she was High in Trial there. after that i bred her to a nice field champ from Maryland and she had 9 pups we lost 3 runts but the 6 we got were more than enough to handle and Luci was a super mother. all the pups are with their new owners and are doing very well i kept or should i say the kids and Darlene kept 2 males out of the litter,the one almost looks like Ike my old basset hound. i am still president of the Susquehanna Basset Hound Club and missed the fall trial because my wife had her back operated on ( she hurt it carrying me and world on her shoulders... tough women there). just to let you all know Susquehanna has a website and you all can visit and see what we are up to and if you can visit us in person would love to see all at any of the events.The Susquehanna Basset Hound Club and you never know i just may get another basset again.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Congratulations! Sounds like you've had a great year.

Your wife, not so much.:D Be easier on her next year lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Billy! Congrats on all the beagle stuff and I hope the family is well! Emma got her 2 majors in Oct. and is well on her way to becoming my first breed CH! Sadly, Joihn lost Henry New Year's Eve. He was an awesome Basset and will be sorely missed. As John said, he's with Ruth now. Hope to see you soon, Belinda.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Belinda,

I just joined the forum. Congratulations on Emma's majors!! Sounds like you had a great year.

Two days ago I learned Henry passed away, unfortunately. Such a shame...he was a great dog and an ROM to boot.

Sandi, mom to Ch. Skyline Heath of Misty Meadows, RA, Delta Therapy Dog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts