Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay, who dresses up their dogs for halloween? *raises hand* It took us a while to find just the right fit, but the hot dog won it all....Post Your Pictures Too! : ) : ) : )

(and yes, he was really sad to be dressed up...but once the hot dog was on and the walkies began he was pleased as pie and totally oblivious. Daisy is used to it so she didn't care *LOL*)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't have pics yet, I need to take some, but Beau has a bumblebee costume! He doesn't mind it and in fact struts around when he's wearing it. He knows that he's cute and he knows PEOPLE are gonna notice his cuteness!

Beau really wanted to go off trick-or-treating with the one batch of kids that came by. (yeah, we got ONE batch, I told them to take a couple handfuls each since I bought lots of candy) I'm telling ya, if a burglar ever comes into this house and I'll lose my dog! If you're human, he loves ya!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol these are all daisy's old costumes, except for the hot dog...and none of them fit! She does have a bee actually, but it wasn't gonna fit him so i didn't even try *lol*

that's so cute with Beau. Bowser seems to be afraid of everyone! He only likes family, no matter how i try to introduce him and get him to be around other people. Oh he'll warm up after a little bit, but sometimes it takes a while.

Anyway, yeah, get some pics!! : )

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fergus was a bee too! LOL! He was so cute. Totally sad looking during the house part, but gave him his Kong and he was happy as a clam. :)

The pictures are adorable Jaleely!!

Ediebird: Sounds like your Beau and Fergus are very similar. I worry that someone will just walk up and take him- he doesn't care and loves everyone and every dog. It's a nice trait for a pet, but he's definitely no guard dog!

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have one of Roxie from two years ago as a princess. I had costumes too for this year but I could only find one of them so I didn't dress anyone up.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm telling ya, if a burglar ever comes into this house and I'll lose my dog! If you're human, he loves ya!
My daughter told me this morning that the ONLY thing she doesn't like about basset hounds is that they love everyone and aren't one person dogs. It is a bit of a double edged sword, on the one hand it is great to have a dog that is so incredibly friendly, but on the other it's kinda nice to have a dog that only likes you!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE the princess costume that is SOOO cute *L*

and bowser is totally Mama's dog. I guess he's really friendly with people if he gets to know them for a while, but initially he's still spooked by strangers. He loooooves mama though : )

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's Beau in his costume! He doesn't mind wearing it so long as the hood isn't up. Every time I see this picture I get the Black-Eyed Peas song "Imma Be" in my head. LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
We didn't dress them up for Halloween but for Ella's 1st birthday we got her a crown (which of course she just wanted to eat and play with)

And we got Ringo a sombrero so he wouldn't be left out

Although Ella just wanted to eat that too :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts