Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My name is Jake. I am a basset. This is Indy. He is not a basset. We adopted him one year ago from a place called "The Pound". Apparently this is a really scary place because mommy and daddy were really sad he might be put to sleep... whatever that means.

He was just a little thing when we got him

but I bet he can outrun you in the Basset 500

He got very sick when he came home

Mommy wasn't sure he would live becasue the vet man said it might be distemper

and then we all got sick. This is me on my birthday... too sick to open my present!

and Sami ended up in the hospital

This is Indy last year...

and this is Indy now...

Happy Gotch Day Little Brother!

T

·
0 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day, Indy. You have lots of bwothers and sisters to celebwate with!

Twinkie.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Indy!! I bet this year's celebration is a great one. I love that last pic of you with the bone (?). It's almost bigger than you are.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Great tribute! I remember last year when they were all sick- it must have been totally overwhelming- I don't know how you did it!

A

·
0 Posts
I loved seeing the pics and reading the story! Such happiness at your house today on your gotcha-day!

A

·
0 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Indy!!!
I love the tribute, and I do remember last year when Y'all were going through all of those problems. i'm so glad to see that everyone is healthy and happy!!!!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't know why when we adopt a dog they don't tell us that our other dogs might catch something and to isolate them. I didn't know when I got Lea and was scared to death til she got all her shots.

I'm happy your story has a happy ending, distemper is not easy to get over for dogs. They were all very lucky!

Lou

1 - 11 of 11 Posts