Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Ester has finally gotten the separation anxiety under control, the peeing and barking are pretty much gone....but now she is HAPPY. When I get up she starts to happy dance and BaWoo....and it goes on....and on. When she gets up from a nap and sees me she dances & BaWoos....and it goes on and on. She is elderly, pretty deaf and doesn't see well, so it is hard to correct her. I tap her on the nose and get close and say "NO". The other part of this is that my hubby is happy she is happy and BaWoo's too :rolleyes:....I am thinking squirt gun there! Love having her so happy, but how do I regain some quiet..ideas?

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
". The other part of this is that my hubby is happy she is happy and BaWoo's too "

there is your problem reinforced behavior. As Miriam will concur I taught Eowyn to whine in like five minutes.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I should ask Miriam how she broke you of that habit? :lol: She is so sweet it is hard to reprimand her....hubby is much easier....where did I put that squirt gun.....

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
LMAO while Miriam was being treated for Lyme I took both Eowyn and Leila to agility class so guess which two dogs I taught to whine, its a secret Miriam doesn't know yet she is in for a surprise!!!.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
LMAO while Miriam was being treated for Lyme I took both Eowyn and Leila to agility class so guess which two dogs I taught to whine, its a secret Miriam doesn't know yet she is in for a surprise!!!.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HA! After threatening to cut off Christmas cookies to DH, Ester's behavior is improving...
Good Luck with Miriam!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts