Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my Daisy May. One is of her in her Halloween costume. As you can tell she hates it, but doesn't she look adorable. I'm not one to dress up my dogs, but I work at Petco and when I saw this, I just had to get it. Daisy May is now 1 year 3 months. We had her for 8 months, and I couldn't imagine my life without her. She started to mellow out, I kind of miss my puppy. But she still is very hyper. Loves going on walks and seeing other dogs. She does pee when she gets excited, and new people come into our apartment. Any suggestions for this? Other than that she is a great dog.

My Honey Bee

Her grumpy face

One of my fave pictures

Got her a coat for winter

Cuddling with my hubby

How she fell asleep one day

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Cute costume!

The best basset costume I ever saw was at a rescue picnic, during the time of the first OJ arrest. The basset was dressed as a white Ford Bronco, and she was dragging a large piece of posterboard with highway markings, to which a bunch of plastic police cars were glued. Needless to say, she took the grand prize. :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cute costume!

The best basset costume I ever saw was at a rescue picnic, during the time of the first OJ arrest. The basset was dressed as a white Ford Bronco, and she was dragging a large piece of posterboard with highway markings, to which a bunch of plastic police cars were glued. Needless to say, she took the grand prize. :lol:[/b]
Haha thats hilarious. I wish I was as creative. LOL.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
She's a very pretty gal.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi,
On the peeing with new people, it's called submissive urination, and she'll probably outgrow it. Don't scold her--it'll only make it worse. About the only thing to do that I know of, is to go to Petco or one of those places where they carry britches for female dogs in heat, buy her a set and some of the pads that go in them, and put them on if you know you have company coming or the like. That'll at least save the rugs 'til she grows up.
She's darling!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
On the peeing with new people, it's called submissive urination, and she'll probably outgrow it. Don't scold her--it'll only make it worse. About the only thing to do that I know of, is to go to Petco or one of those places where they carry britches for female dogs in heat, buy her a set and some of the pads that go in them, and put them on if you know you have company coming or the like. That'll at least save the rugs 'til she grows up.
She's darling![/b]
Thanks! I didn't even think of that. I work at Petco so I can get those easily.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oh, she's adorable!!!
Louie sleeps with his chin on things as well, it's so hilarious!
He used to urinate a lot when we had company (he's about 15 months old now) and we were told that when you or your guests arrive home, come in quietly and don't make a big deal about it. Almost ignore the dog for a few moments and then give a quiet greeting so you don't make the moment so excitable!! It's helped a lot and he only sometimes has a little squirt if he has a full bladder when people arrive. I hope this helps!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
On "It's Me or the Dog", Victoria Stillwell said that typically dogs can't pee when they are sitting down. So if you can get her to sit down and stay sitting while your guests come in, that might help. (I'm laughing to myself as I type this, because I couldn't get my dogs to sit when guests arrived if their lives depended on it.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts