Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tucker has been coughing like he's going to throw up but nothing ever comes up...it's like he has a hairball. He does it 4 -6 times and then he's fine....he does this almost once a day. Does anyone know what this is? It seems to be getting more and more frequent.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'd certainly have Tucker checked out by your veterinarian. If you have a video camera you might want to record what's happening for your vet. From your description it's hard to tell if he's coughing or retching. So many things can cause such symptoms that it would be foolish to hazzard a guess. For additional information check out: Why Does My Dog Cough? A Simple Question, but the Answer may be Complex.

Let us know what your vet has to say.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's not overweight, he's about 30lbs and 6 months old. We walk everyday, I think he gets enough exercise.
Yesterday he did it twice but today he has't. I'm trying to see if there is a pattern for when I take him to the vet I have yet to see one, except maybe it seems to only happen when he's moving like playing or walking, never when he sleeping.
I will contact my vet on Monday and see what he says....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts