Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I went out for a few hours and when I came home Yogi came over to say hello to me and Gunny was no where to be found. I got scared that something had happened to the poor boy. I called him and called him and he didn't come. So I went over to the stairs and looked up and there he was, standing at the top of the stairs afraid to come down because the gate at the bottom of the stairs had fallen over! :eek: This super big and super tough dog was scared of the baby gate! :rolleyes: I felt really bad and wondered how long he had been up there, afraid to come down. I am guessing that he knocked it over with his big tail on the way up. Poor boy! The gate is always leaning against the wall and it rarely gets knocked over. We only using them for feeding time.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I can relate--Lightning is terrified of the baby gate. Once, when he was a puppy, it fell over on him. It didn't hurt him at all, but it scared him so bad his anal glands expressed themselves. To this day (he's 10 this year), he won't go anywhere near it. Stomps is much braver.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My dogs are also scared of the gate...it falls on occasion and they both take off running.

~Heather

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, bless his heart!-------and yours too since yours was beating hard right before you found him.
They just have a Basset way of operating and that is the way it will be with each of them.
don

·
Registered
272 Posts
that's too cute!!
Louie is fairly good with the baby gate, but on occassion we've been watching a movie and Louie will go exploring and go into the bathroom and closes the door behind him. Then 10 or 15 minutes will pass and we have to go looking for him. There he is, waiting patiently in the bathroom for someone to let him out...lol He doesn't bark or make a peep, just sits and waits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts