Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Yep, my Daisy and at least one of her brothers had it, her brother Flash had it worse than she did. Daisy seemed to outgrow it at around a year of age; (keeping fingers crossed) at least she hasn't had a bout since around Xmas. I saw Flash in January or February as he was returning from a trip to the doctor for pano. Has something to do with fast growth, something about the growth plates having to work harder and faster to keep up with the demands of the body, as I understand it.

Daisy's and Flash's bouts seemed to last from 1 to 3 weeks at a time, Daisy was real lazy and slept a lot. Warmth seemed to be very comforting to her (she'd lay on or under polar fleece blankets and cuddle with humans as much as possible).

Hope Lexie feels better soon!

· Registered
222 Posts
The first time I noticed it in Daisy, she was about 5-7 months old. She was walking through the living room one morning when she yelped repeatedly, loud enough to bring the house down, leapt straight in the air and ran over to me. I sat Indian-style on the floor and she jumped in my lap and cried and licked her right foot and carried on for what felt like ages. I checked her foot and couldn't find a sticker or injury, no one was even near her so she didn't get stepped on; I checked the carpet thinking she had stepped on a goathead or something, nothing to be found.

She did limp and whine for a couple weeks, but it scared the living daylights out of us all at onset!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.