Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Buddy was a rescue so we don't know to the day his birthday but we have an idea he is two. In the past couple months his lovely Brown face is becoming flecked with white hairs like he is going gray around his eyes. Is this normal for Bassets I asked the vet who doesn't have many basset patients and he said he thought so but he would chek it next time they had a regional vet's meeting. I thought I would ask you all.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Scully started to develop grey flecks at around 4'ish, and then she was noticeably grayed in the face by the time she was 5. Now, she's 8 and people always think she's ancient...LOL. :roll:

M

·
0 Posts
Maggie Mae (ATB) started to get some gray around 4 years old. By the time she was 15 years old, she looked like a ghost! People would ask "Just HOW OLD is that dog"?? She didn't seem to mind!! Here she is for those of you who never knew her. I miss my old girl.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Crissy, one of our rescues, came to us with a very grey muzzle. I thought she was a lot older - but she is only 3. Have the previous owner's paperwork to confirm that. They are like humans - some go gray earlier than others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts